HomeWelcome to CBCMembershipsFacilitiesContacts


ABOUT US
MEMBERSHIP
ABOUT US

The club was founded on 3rd March 1903 at a meeting held in the Claremont Municipal Chambers. We are one of the oldest clubs still in existence.

A block of land was granted to the club by the council and 4 bowling rinks were established. The clearing of the land and the erection of the first pavilion was carried out mainly by club members. Today Claremont Recreation club stands as a source of pride for the Claremont District.

The club quickly achieved A Grade status in pennants and won their 1st A Grade Pennant in 1910/11. Other A Grade pennants were to follow in 1914/15, 1927/28 and 1929/30.

During the second world war, military authorities measured the club's premises for the object of billeting if deemed necessary. Other hardships followed when the Emu Brewery notified the club that rationing of beer supplies would take place and our bottle quota would reduce from 7 dozen to 3 dozen per month. 

Poker machines were a good source of income for the club during the early part of the 50's until the government of the day declared poker machines illegal.

The RSL's Claremont Branch played a large part in assisting with the cost of alterations to the bar in 1976 and again generously assisted with the installation of air conditioning in 1991.

Both our men and lady bowlers have enjoyed success over the years. Their achievements include A State Singles winner for the men, 3 lots of State Pairs winners and 2 State 4s titles. The club also had their singles champion of
1960 win the Champion of Club Champions Trophy. Frank Perry, one of the States best bowlers commenced his bowls career at Claremont in 1950 and played for 17 years at the club.

The club has pennant teams of men and women and also welcomes social bowlers who are looking for companionship, friendship, gentle exercise and the chance to join in with non-bowling events which take place regularly in the club.

Home|Welcome to CBC|Memberships|Facilities|Contacts